Electronic Recording Delivery System Proposed Regulations
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Electronic Recording Delivery System (ERDS) program under the authority of the Electronic Recording Delivery Act of 2004 (ERDA), AB 578 (Chapter 621, Statutes of 2004), as amended, is requesting approval to amend six of the nine Articles of the ERDS regulations, CCR, Title 11, Division 1, Chapter 18, Articles 1-9.
The DOJ is requesting to amend regulations sections 121 through 223 to provide clearer guidance to the Counties and the individuals that use an ERDS.
Public Hearing Dates, Time and Place
No public hearing has been scheduled for the proposed regulatory action; however, any interested person or his or her duly authorized representative may request, no later than 15 days prior to the close of the written comment period, a public hearing pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act, Government Code section 11346.8.
Written Comment Period
Any interested person, or his or her authorized representative, may submit written comments relevant to the proposed regulatory action to the contact person(s) listed below. The written comment period closes on March 18, 2013 at 5 p.m. Only written comments received by that time shall be considered.
The Notice for Proposed Amendments to the Department of Justice Regulations Pertaining to Electronic Recording Delivery System and Amended Regulations are available to read below.
- Text of Notice, pdf
- Initial Statement of Reasons for Proposed Amendment to the ERDS Regulations, pdf
- Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement - STD. 399 (signed), pdf
- Article 4. Fingerprinting and Criminal Record Checks, pdf
- Article 5. Baseline Requirements and Technology Standards, pdf
- Article 6. Electronic Recording Delivery System Certification, pdf
- Article 7. Computer Security Auditor, pdf
- Article 8. Vendor of Electronic Recording Delivery System Software, pdf
- Article 9. Audits and Oversight, pdf