The Gambling Control Act, (Business & Professions Code section 19800 et seq., and California Code of Regulations, Title 11 Division 3), requires that every person employed in the operation of a gambling establishment in a supervisory capacity or empowered to make discretionary decisions that regulate gambling operations apply for a license as a Key Employee. This includes, but is not limited to, gambling operation managers and assistant managers, managers or supervisors of security employees, pit bosses, shift bosses, credit executives, and cashier operations supervisors. The Bureau's Licensing staff is responsible for conducting in-depth background investigations on applicants to determine whether they are suitable to hold a Key Employee license. Suitability is determined by a number of factors including, but not limited to, the applicant's honesty, integrity, general character, reputation, habits, financial and criminal history. Applications may be obtained from the California Gambling Control Commission (Commission).
- BGC 031 Application for Gambling Establishment Key Employee License, pdf
- BGC 033 Notification of Change in Key Employment Status, pdf
- BGC 034 Request for Replacement Key Employee License, pdf
- BGC-APP. 006 Authorization to Release Information Rev. 04/08, pdf
- BGC-APP. 016A Key Employee Supplemental Background Investigation Information, pdf
- BCII 8016 Card Room Key Employee Live Scan Form, pdf
- IRS F4506-T (Rev. 4/06) Request for Transcript of Tax Return, pdf