To begin the application process, you will need to fill out a State application (STD 678) and the AG Honors Program Application. You will also need to provide a resume, a writing sample, a personal statement, two letters of recommendation, and law school transcripts. Please see "Application Checklist" section below for more detailed information.
We recommend that you submit your completed application(s) and all required documents electronically through a CalCareers account at www.jobs.ca.gov. If you choose not to apply electronically, a hard copy application package (postmarked by October 25, 2021) may be submitted by mailing it to:
Department of Justice
Attorney General's Honors Program
Attn: Attorney Hiring Unit
1300 I Street, 7th floor
Sacramento, CA, 95814
Completed applications and all required documents must be received or postmarked by October 25, 2021 in order to be considered. We will not consider late applications. We will not consider incomplete applications or applications submitted by email or fax.
Candidates selected to move forward in the process will be notified regarding interviews in November 2021. Interviews are anticipated to be scheduled in November/December 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Please note: If you are applying to both the Honors Program and the Earl Warren Fellowship, a complete application package must be submitted for each program.
- State Examination/Employment Application (STD 678 )
- Completed AG Honors Program Application
- Personal statement
- Writing sample, no more than 15 pages
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your legal work, including one from a law school professor
- Law school transcript (unofficial transcripts will be accepted)
- September 1, 2021: Application filing period begins
- October 25, 2021: All applications must be received or postmarked by this date
- November 2021: Candidates selected for interviews will be notified
- November/December 2021: Interviews will be held
- September 2022: Program begins