State of California Department of Justice
Attorney General’s Honors Program Eligibility Criteria:
- The Attorney General’s Honors Program is open to third-year law students and students in their final year of other graduate law programs (e.g., LL.M. programs.) The program is also open to judicial clerks and individuals participating in government, academic or public-interest fellowships who will complete their clerkships or fellowships by September 2, 2017, and newly admitted lawyers in their first year of practice.
- An excellent academic record at an accredited law school is required.
- Journal, moot court or mock trial experience preferred.
- Applicants must be California Bar members, or plan to take the July 2017 bar exam. Failure to pass the California bar exam may result in termination from the program. We encourage all applicants to take the earliest possible California Bar Exam.
- The Attorney General’s Honors Program requires a two-year commitment, beginning in September 2017.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in public service
- Excellent writing skills
- Judicial clerkship experience