FAQs & Patient Activity Reports
CURES contains the patient name, date of birth, drug name, drug form, strength, quantity, pharmacy name, pharmacy number and the prescribing physician information.
As outlined in 11165(c) of the Health & Safety Code "Data obtained from CURES shall only be provided to appropriate state, local and federal persons or public agencies for disciplinary, civil, or criminal purposes and to other agencies or entities as determined by the Department of Justice, for educational, peer review, statistical, or research purposes, provided that patient information, including any medical prescribers, pharmacists, law enforcement personnel for investigative purposes and state boards which assist the medical community."
Be prepared to tell the person in the CURES unit which Patient Activity Report you are looking at and he/she will pull the copy from the Program files.
- What field of information is incorrect and why.
- Do you know the correct information and please give your name and telephone number.
- A technician from the unit will look into the matter and will call you back to verify what has transpired.
- Do not provide a copy of the PAR to the patient.
- You may refer a patient to our public number
Work with your patient to obtain the help they may need. Refer to the Medical Board of California "Guidelines for Prescribing Controlled Substances for Pain" and the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs for assistance in your county.
Yes, pre-registered prescribers and dispensers may obtain PARs directly on-line via the PDMP Application.
CURES - BCIIS
P.O. Box 160447
Sacramento, CA 95816