The Office of the Attorney General produces reports, brochures, and other publications to inform and educate Californians. Many of our publications are required by state law so we can regularly report to the Legislature on our divisions and programs. We also provide practical information to consumers through useful guides and brochures.
You can find PDF versions of all these publications listed by topic.
- Crime in California - 2014
- Hate Crime in California - 2014
- Homicide in California - 2014
- Juvenile Justice in California - 2014
- Biennial Report of Major Activities - 2014
2015 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf
Intro. & Stats., pdf
Intro. & Stats., pdf
2014 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2013 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2012 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2011 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2010 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2009 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2008 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2007 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2006 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2005 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2004 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2003 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
2002 Asset Forfeiture Annual Report, pdf - Intro. & Stats., pdf - Counties, pdf
- Attorney General's Guide for Charities, pdf
- Fundraising Appeals for Police, Firefighters and Veterans., pdf
- Guide to Charitable Giving for Donors, pdf
- Guide for Dissolving A California Nonprofit Corporation, pdf
- Initial Registration Guide, pdf
- Model Contract - Basic Components of a Fundraising Representation Agreement, pdf
- New 990 and Its Relationship to California Law Governing Charities
- Nonprofit Transactions Requiring Notice Or Attorney General Approval, pdf
- Raffles for Charitable Purposes, pdf
- Regulation of Charities by the California Attorney General (Presentation for Board of Equalization Nonprofit Seminars), pdf
- Summary of New Law: Nonprofit Integrity Act of 2004, pdf
- Conflict of Interest, pdf (2010)
- Citizen's Guide to Preventing & Reporting Elder Abuse, pdf
- Guía Para Cuidadanos Ciudadanos Para Prevenir Y Denunciar El Abuso De Ancianos, pdf
- The Peace Officer and Prosecutor's Guide to Combating Elder Abuse (Volume 1)
- The Peace Officer and Prosecutor's Guide to Combating Elder Abuse (Volume 2)
- Annual report to the Legislature on electronic surveillance is issued in compliance with Penal Code section 629.62. We hope this report is a helpful resource for prosecutors and law enforcement agents who rely on electronic surveillance as a critical weapon to fight crime in California.
- Proposition 65 - Annual Summaries of Private Settlements. Annual reports issued summarizing all settlements of Proposition 65 cases brought by private plaintiffs from January 1 - December 31 since 2000. The summaries are based on reports submitted to the Attorney General pursuant to SB 1269 (1999) and SB 471 (2001). The data show total penalties, attorney fees and other funds collected. Also included is a brief description of actions defendants were required to take to remedy alleged violations. Copies of individual settlements are available on request. (All pdfs below)
- Senate Bill 140 Supplemental Report of the 2015-16 Budget Package, pdf
Required by law, this report addresses the backlog in the Armed and Prohibited Persons System and the illegal possession of firearms by those prohibited persons.
2015 Armed Prohibited Persons System, pdf
2015 Report on Firearms Used in the Commission of Crimes, pdf
- California Firearms Law, pdf (2007)
- More Firearms Forms and Publications
- Task Force Final Report: An Examination of Forensic Science in California - November 2009, pdf
- California Task Force on Forensic Services
Report, pdf (2003)
View and Print by Chapters, pdf [suggested for dial-up modems].
- California DNA Data Bank Program Quarterly Report, pdf
- DNA Forensic Technology Solving Crimes
- Post-conviction DNA Testing Task Force Report, pdf
- More about the Bureau of Forensic Services
- 2016 Fundraising Effectiveness and Regulation of Remote Caller Bingo, pdf Provides information on fundraising effectiveness and regulation of remote caller bingo, and other matters that are relevant to the public interest regarding remote caller bingo.
- Gambling in the Golden State 1998 Forward (2006), pdf
California Witness Relocation and Assistance Program (CalWRAP) Annual Report to the Legislature
Summarizes the accomplishments of the California Witness Relocation and Assistance Program (CalWRAP).
2007-2008 | 2009-2010 | 2010-2011 | 2011-2012 | 2012-2013 | 2013-2014 | 2014-2015
- California Department of Justice Law Enforcement Policy & Procedures Manual, pdf
DLE - Annual Report 2013-14, pdf
2009-10, pdf | 2008-09, pdf | 2007-08, pdf , (2007-08 Text Only, pdf)
- Commission on Special Weapons and Tactics (S.W.A.T.) (2002), pdf
California Peace Officers Legal Sourcebook (CPOLS)
The full “Summary of Contents” includes:
- Chapter 1 This Sourcebook And The Law
- Chapter 2 Search And Seizure - Persons
- Chapter 3 Search And Seizure - Premises
- Chapter 4 Search And Seizure - Vehicles
- Chapter 5 Search And Seizure - Miscellaneous
Border searches; agricultural border stations; roadblocks; airports searches; use of dogs; parole and probation searches; jail and prison searches; eavesdropping; business records; searches by private persons.
- Chapter 6 Search Warrants
- Chapter 7 Statements
Importance of statements; Miranda warnings (Fifth Amendment); right to counsel (Sixth Amendment); voluntariness of statements (Fourteenth Amendment); statements to private persons; statements from witnesses; anticipating defenses.
- Chapter 8 Lineups And Showups
- Chapter 9 Report Writing
- Chapter 10 Criminal Process
- Chapter 11 Evidence
- Chapter 12 Testimony
- Chapter 13 Criminal Law
Parties; elements; intent; defenses; crimes against property; crimes against persons; general criminal statutes; weapons and firearms.
- Chapter 14 Juvenile Law
- Chapter 15 Civil Disputes
- Chapter 16 Traffic Law
- Chapter 17 Driving Under The Influence
- Chapter 18 Table Of Cases
- Chapter 19 Subject Matter Index
CopWare, Inc., is the sole authorized distributor of the California Peace Officers Legal Sourcebook manual. For information on formats and sales, please contact:
877-COPWARE (877-267-9273) (toll free)
The Field Guide for the California Peace Officers Legal Sourcebook is also available through the California District Attorneys Association. The annual Field Guide incorporates Chapters 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 14, 15 & 17 of the Sourcebook and includes excerpts from the official CDAA Warrants manual in lieu of Chapter 6. The abridged portions of the Sourcebook are approved by the Department of Justice for accuracy and content. For more information, please contact:
CopWare, Inc., and CDAA are the only authorized vendors of these publications. Consumers should beware of duplicated or out-of-date copies not provided by these vendors.
Law enforcement agencies not currently receiving a courtesy copy of the California Peace Officers Legal Sourcebook can request a free subscription by contacting the Editor of the Sourcebook at 916.324.5250.
- Appeals & Victims' Rights, pdf Apelaciones y derechos de las víctimas, pdf
- Citizen's Guide to Preventing & Reporting Elder Abuse, pdf Guía Para Cuidadanos Para Prevenir Y Denunciar El Abuso De Ancianos, pdf
- Execution & Clemency In California: A Guide For Victims., pdf
- Helping Crime Victims Get The Services They Need., pdf Ayudamos a las víctimas de delitos a obtener los servicios que necesiten, pdf
- Marcy's Cards
- A Victim's Guide to the Capital Case Process., pdf