Third-Party Providers Of Proposition Players Registration And Contract Approval
The California Gambling Control Commission (Commission) promulgated regulations regarding third-party providers of proposition player services to protect gambling establishment patrons and the general public from the corrupting influences of money laundering, loan sharking, and organized crime.
Third-Party Providers of Proposition Player Services - (An Agreement Exists With the Gambling Establishment to Provide Proposition Player Services)
A third-party provider of proposition player services is a business that provides services in and to a gambling establishment under any written, oral, or implied agreement with the gambling establishment, which services include play as a participant in any controlled game that has a rotating player-dealer position as permitted by Penal Code section 330.11.
Prior to providing proposition player services in a California gambling establishment, the third party provider and its owners and employees must register with the Commission, and submit a written contract and playing book forms for approval, in advance, by the Bureau of Gambling Control (Bureau). The Bureau will issue a summons to registered third party providers to submit requests to convert their registrations to licenses.
Gambling Businesses - (No Oral, Written, or Implied Agreement Exists With the Gambling Establishment to Provide Proposition Player Services)
In this context, a gambling business is a business enterprise that engages the services of employees, independent contractors, or both to participate in the play of any controlled game in a gambling establishment that has a rotating player-dealer position as permitted by Penal Code section 330.11. Gambling businesses do not operate under any written, oral, or implied agreement with the gambling establishment, and must first be registered with the Commission and have their playing book form approved by the Bureau prior to conducting business in California. The Bureau will issue a summons to registered gambling businesses to submit requests to convert their registrations to licenses.
The regulations and application for registration forms are located on the California Gambling Control Commission's website.
Contract Approval Forms
- BGC-APP. 030 Application & Instructions for Contract Approval to Provide Proposition Player Services, pdf
- BGC-APP. 031 Appointment of Designated Agent for Owners Proposition Players, pdf
Providers of Proposition Players/Gambing Businesses/Funding Sources
- BGC-APP. 001 Notice to Applicants, pdf
- BGC-APP. 006 Authorization to Release Information Rev. 04/08, pdf
- BGC-APP. 031 Appointment of Designated Agent for Owners and Proposition Players, pdf
- BGC-APP. 032 Instructions and Level I Supplemental Information, pdf
- BGC-APP. 033 Instructions and Level II Supplemental Information, pdf
- BGC-APP. 034A Instructions and Level III Supplemental Information - Individual, pdf
- BGC-APP. 034B Instructions and Level III Supplemental Information - Business, pdf
- BGC-APP. 036 Request for Approval of Playing Book Form, pdf
- IRS Form 4506-T (Rev. 1-2004) Request for Transcript of Tax Return, pdf
- BCII 8016 Third Party Live Scan Form, pdf