About the AG

  • Subscribe to the AG's RSS Feed
  • Join the AG's FaceBook
  • Follow the AG on Twitter
  • View the AG's YouTube Channel
  • View the AG's Tumblr Page

Responsible Gambling, General Public - FAQs

Is there government funding to assist problem gamblers who seek counceling?

The Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs, Office of Problem Gambling is currently training licensed professional therapists to offer reimbursable counseling to problem gamblers. The estimated start date for the Reimbursement Program is tentatively spring, 2010. For more information, please visit the Office of Problem Gambling under California Gambling Treatment Services Program.

What can I do for my family member or friend who has a gambling problem?

You can contact GAM-ANON, a self-help organization for close friends and family members of problem gamblers. Also see the "Inpatient Treatment Facilities" and "Outpatient Treatment Facilities" links at the bottom of the Responsible Gambling web page.

If I have a gambling problem, where can I find information on getting help?

Yes. The Bureau of Gambling Control offers a toolkit specifically for training gambling establishment employees. This toolkit is free of charge and can be mailed upon request. If you would like one or more of these toolkits, please contact the Exclusion Program Analyst at BGCEMS@doj.ca.gov

Megan's Law

California Registered Sex Offender Database

Search Now

Megan's Law information is also available in these languages:

Site Navigation

Translate Website

  • Google™ Translation Disclaimer

This Google™ translation feature is provided for informational purposes only.

The Office of the Attorney General is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information resulting from the translation application tool.

Please consult with a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.

If you have any questions please contact:Bilingual Services Program at (916) 324-5482

A copy of this disclaimer can also be found on our Disclaimer page.

Select a Language Below / Seleccione el Idioma Abajo

Close this box or use the [ X ]