- You can renew your registration online only if you have previously been registered
- You must have a Temp ID and Passcode
Five Steps to renewing Online:
Step 1: Use your Temp ID and passcode (One time use only).
Step 2: Select your renewal type:
- Select Attestation if there is no change to your current registration
- Select Renewal Form if there are changes to your current registration
Step 3: Type the prompted captcha for validation.
Step 4: For Attestation: select E-Signature button
Step 5: Payment options: $6.95 convenience fee for all online payments (All online payments are nonrefundable*).
To make a payment by credit card or electronic check, click on E-pay
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
- Electronic Check (ACH). When entering an electronic check you will be required to obtain the bank routing number and account number (do not include the check number).
- Submit a check by mail to 300 S. Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013. The check should be made payable to Department of Justice.
Before submitting your Renewal/Attestation we recommend that you print the review page for your records.
If you are experiencing problems, we suggest using different browsers like:
Firefox v.24 and up or Internet Explorer v.11 and up
*Registration fees and the $6.95 convenience fee are nonrefundable.