- Firearms Regulations/Rulemaking Activities
- Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) Fee
- 'Other’ Category Assault Weapon Registration
To inspect or request a copy of a rulemaking file, please contact email@example.com.
- Self-Manufactured and Self-Assembled Firearms
- Identification Requirements for Firearms and Ammunition Eligibility Checks
- Ammunition Vendor Licensing
- Section 100 - Telephone Number Changes and Contact Information Updates
- The Supervision of Trustees and Fundraisers for Charitable Purposes Act
- Notice of Amendments to Health Facilities Regulation
- Electronic Recording Delivery System (ERDS) Regulations
- California Pawn and SecondhandDealer System (CAPSS) Regulations
- CalGang Database and Shared Gang Database Regulations
Rulemaking is designed to give the public a meaningful opportunity to participate in drafting a regulation. A primary purpose of public comment is to allow interested persons to suggest ways of improving the proposed text. You can present your ideas in writing or at a public hearing. When the Department receives a public comment, it must explain how the regulation was changed to accommodate the comment, or why it is rejecting the comment.
Public comment is an important part of rulemaking. To adopt a final regulation, the Department must:
- Post a draft of the regulations for public comment on its website, and send copies or website link to persons who have requested to be on its mailing list.
- Review any public comments received and, if accepted, make revisions to the draft regulations incorporating the public comments.
- If any changes are made, post another draft for more public comment, and send copies or website link to persons who have requested to be on its mailing list.
- If no further changes are made, submit the final rulemaking record to the Office of Administrative Law for approval.
- In the record, summarize and respond to each public comment.
A person who has submitted a comment regarding a proposed action has the right to request a copy of the final statement of reasons.