About the AG

  • Subscribe to the AG's RSS Feed
  • Join the AG's FaceBook
  • Follow the AG on Twitter
  • View the AG's YouTube Channel

Protecting Consumers

Please review Attorney General's FAQs on this page and consumer information topics below

You may find your answer in the most frequently asked questions of the Attorney General's Office or the listed consumer topics.

Online complaint referral tables

By taking this step, your complaint can get to the government agency that directly regulates the individuals or businesses about which you have a complaint. View Complaint Tables

Getting Legal Help

If you need legal advice or representation, we suggest that you consult with an attorney. An attorney would directly represent your interests and is the one whose advice would be most helpful to you.

You may obtain a referral to a certified lawyer referral service by contacting the State Bar at (866) 442.2529 (toll-free in California) or (415) 538.2250 (from outside California), or via the State Bar of California website

If you cannot afford an attorney, you may wish to contact your local legal aid office. For a referral, please visit http://lawhelpca.org/ and click on the Find Legal Help tab.

Members of the armed forces and their dependents can also obtain legal assistance from their local JAG legal assistance office, http://legalassistance.law.af.mil/content/locator.php

The Attorney General cannot provide you with legal advice or represent you in personal legal actions.

Complaint Forms

For questions or filing a consumer complaint, select from the forms below to contact the Attorney General's Public Inquiry Unit.

Recent FAQs

Price Gouging During Disasters

Price Gouging After an Emergency Declaration: Information for Consumers

Learn More

Price Gouging After an Emergency Declaration: Information for Local Officials

Learn More

State & Federal Laws

You can search California laws on the Internet

California Law

View a checklist of significant California consumer laws

CA Dept of Consumer Affairs

Search U.S. laws on the Internet at U.S. Code

U.S. Code

Megan's Law

California Registered Sex Offender Database

Search Now

Site Navigation

Translate Website

  • Google™ Translation Disclaimer

This Google™ translation feature is provided for informational purposes only.

The Office of the Attorney General is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information resulting from the translation application tool.

Please consult with a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.

If you have any questions please contact:Bilingual Services Program at (916) 324-5482

A copy of this disclaimer can also be found on our Disclaimer page.

Select a Language Below / Seleccione el Idioma Abajo

Close this box or use the [ X ]