• Subscribe to the AG's RSS Feed
  • Join the AG's FaceBook
  • Follow the AG on Twitter
  • View the AG's YouTube Channel

Find Help Near You

You might be able to save tens of thousands of dollars. You should speak to legal, career, and education officials for advice. This page will direct you to people nearby who can help.

Click on your Everest, Heald, or WyoTech campus on the list below and you’ll find three kinds of information.

  1. Nearby legal aid organizations, which offer free legal advice to individuals qualifying for their services. These organizations are currently helping Everest, Heald, and WyoTech students with their student loans.
  2. Nearby American Job Centers (within 10 miles), which offer local resources for finding jobs, entering training programs, and getting career advice.
  3. Nearby community colleges (within 10 miles) that offer programs like the ones at your Everest, Heald, or WyoTech campus. Community colleges often offer similar programs at a small fraction of the cost you were paying before, but remember that they might not be the right choice for you – you should ask them about the graduation and job placement rates of the program you’re interested in.

It’s also very important to understand that transferring credits—even just a few—might mean that you can’t get a closed school discharge. In other words, you might be giving up on thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of dollars. Before you make the decision, you might want to compare (a) the number of credits you can transfer to the new school and the cost of redoing those credits to (b) the amount of federal loans that might be eligible for a closed school discharge. Before you enroll in a new school, you should speak to the financial aid office about how transferring credits might affect your eligibility for a closed school discharge.

For self-help resources, you can visit:

For one-on-one resources near you, click on the link to your Everest, Heald, or WyoTech campus:

Everest College Heald College Wyotech

State & Federal Laws

You can search California laws on the Internet

California Law

View a checklist of significant California consumer laws

CA Dept of Consumer Affairs

Search U.S. laws on the Internet at U.S. Code

U.S. Code

Megan's Law

California Registered Sex Offender Database

Search Now

Site Navigation

Translate Website

  • Google™ Translation Disclaimer

This Google™ translation feature is provided for informational purposes only.

The Office of the Attorney General is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information resulting from the translation application tool.

Please consult with a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.

If you have any questions please contact:Bilingual Services Program at (916) 324-5482

A copy of this disclaimer can also be found on our Disclaimer page.

Select a Language Below / Seleccione el Idioma Abajo

Close this box or use the [ X ]