Find Help Near You
You might be able to save tens of thousands of dollars. You should speak to legal, career, and education officials for advice. This page will direct you to people nearby who can help.
Click on your Everest, Heald, or WyoTech campus on the list below and you’ll find three kinds of information.
- Nearby legal aid organizations, which offer free legal advice to individuals qualifying for their services. These organizations are currently helping Everest, Heald, and WyoTech students with their student loans.
- Nearby American Job Centers (within 10 miles), which offer local resources for finding jobs, entering training programs, and getting career advice.
- Nearby community colleges (within 10 miles) that offer programs like the ones at your Everest, Heald, or WyoTech campus. Community colleges often offer similar programs at a small fraction of the cost you were paying before, but remember that they might not be the right choice for you – you should ask them about the graduation and job placement rates of the program you’re interested in.
It’s also very important to understand that transferring credits—even just a few—might mean that you can’t get a closed school discharge. In other words, you might be giving up on thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of dollars. Before you make the decision, you might want to compare (a) the number of credits you can transfer to the new school and the cost of redoing those credits to (b) the amount of federal loans that might be eligible for a closed school discharge. Before you enroll in a new school, you should speak to the financial aid office about how transferring credits might affect your eligibility for a closed school discharge.
For self-help resources, you can visit:
- U.S. Department of Education:
https://studentaid.ed.gov/about/announcements/corinthian or call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
- National Consumer Law Center’s Student Loan Borrower Assistance Project
- Higher Ed Not Debt
For one-on-one resources near you, click on the link to your Everest, Heald, or WyoTech campus: