Regulations: Firearm Precursor Part Vendor Licenses
In 2019, the Legislature passed Assembly Bill (AB) 879, to require firearm precursor parts to be sold or transferred through a licensed firearm precursor part vendor. Beginning April 1, 2022, AB 879 requires the Department to begin accepting applications for firearm precursor part vendor licenses.
The proposed regulations would enable firearm precursor part vendors to comply with statutorily-mandated licensing requirements for the sale of firearm precursor parts by establishing application and renewal requirements, and the timeframe for submitting permit and license information to the Department.
California Code of Regulations, Title 11, Division 5, Chapters 3 and 11
Sections: 4031, 4035, 4036, 4300, 4301, 4310, 4311, 4312, 4313, and 4314
Status of the Proposal
The public comment period closed on January 18, 2022. The Department is now finalizing this rulemaking.
45-Day Comment Period Documentation
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (including Informative Digest), pdf
- Text of Proposed Regulations, pdf
- Form: Application for Firearm Precursor Part Vendor License, BOF 1106, pdf
- Form: Firearm Precursor Part Vendor License Renewal Fee Transmittal, BOF/PPV-0012, pdf
- Initial Statement of Reasons, pdf
- STD 399 Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement, pdf
- STD 399 Attachment, pdf
- STD 400 (Part A) Notice Publication, pdf
Anyone submitting a comment regarding a proposed action has the right to request a copy of the final statement of reasons
NOTE: This webpage will be deleted 12 months after the rulemaking is completed and the regulation is filed with the Secretary of State.