Any Gaming Resource Supplier who, directly or indirectly, provides, has provided, or is deemed likely to provide at least twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) in Gaming Resources in any 12-month period shall be licensed by the TGA prior to the sale, lease, or distribution, or further sale, lease, or distribution, of any such Gaming Resources to or in connection with the Tribe's Operation or Facility. In addition, any person extending financing directly or indirectly to the TGA or gaming operation, or any management contractor, must be licensed by the TGA.
Once licensed by the TGA, these Gaming Resource Suppliers, Financial Sources, and Management Contractors must submit an application to the California Gambling Control Commission (Commission) for a Finding of Suitability. The Bureau of Gambling Control (Bureau) will conduct the investigation and provide a recommendation to the Commission for the issuance of a finding of suitability for the vendor to do business with the Tribes.
Who Must Apply for a Finding of Suitability:
- Any person extending financing (financial source) directly or indirectly to the Tribal Gaming Agency or gaming operation.
- Each business entity (vendor) and their parent company.
- All officers, directors, principal management employees; including any Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Operating Officers and managers; all owners or partners of an unincorporated business as well as each shareholder who owns more than 10 percent of the shares of a corporation.
Each applicant and business entity must complete and submit to the Commission an application for a finding of suitability along with a $500 non-refundable application fee. In addition, the Bureau requires supplemental forms and/or documents from each applicant and business entity. These forms and/or documents must be completed and submitted to the Commission along with a sum of money that, in the judgment of the Bureau Chief, will be adequate to pay anticipated investigation and processing costs, in accordance with Business and Professions Code Section 19867.
- BGC 040 Quarterly Report, pdf
- BGC-APP 004 Vendor Declaration of Full Disclosure, pdf
- BGC-APP 006 Authorization to Release Information Rev. 04/08, pdf
- BGC-APP 023 Notice to Vendor Applicant, pdf
- BGC-APP 024 Gaming Resource Supplier/Financial Source Business Entity Supplemental Information, pdf
- BGC-APP 025 Gaming Resource Supplier/Financial Source Individual Owner/Principal Supplemental Information, pdf
- BGC-APP 040 Vendor Appointment of Designated Agent, pdf
- BGC-APP 054 Gaming Resource Supplier/Financial Source - Trust Supplemental Information, pdf
- FTB 3516 Side 1 – Request for Copy of Personal Income Tax or Fiduciary Return, pdf
- FTB 3516 Side 2 – Corp Request for Copy of Corporation, Exempt Organization, Partnership, or Limited Liability Company Return, pdf
- BCII 8016 Tribal Vendor Live Scan Form, pdf